The area contained 6 tennis courts with a 3 meter high fence. In the 1950’s the courts were covered red blaes and were tarmaced in the 1960’s. In 2000 the fences were removed, the tarmac was covered with top soil and the courts were grassed over.
This area is now used by local primary schools as small football pitches. As the original tarmac is under the grass the area tends to flood in very wet weather.